FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem
Dear Antti,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer.

You are right that it was not our intention to have CO2 trading.  We defined the emissions using ENVACT in VEDA-FE, so using FLO_SHAR.  I expected them to be proportional to the commodity flow (which they are in most years) as an auxiliary flow.  I don't understand why they are not?  Here is the cut-down VEDA-FE input sheet with the relevant definitions: uploads/80/VT_UK_RSR_V01.zip

This is a single-region model so we are importing and exporting commodities (and associated emissions) from an external undefined region, mainly for legacy reasons (it's how we did it in the previous MARKAL model).  Would it make a difference if we explicitly defined a ROW region?  It seems very odd to me that it imports additional CO2TOT because that commodity has an upper bound in the UK region so it is increasing the cost of the energy system by doing so.

So there's two things I don't understand:

1)  Why VEDA-FE is defining CO2TOT as a trade flow rather than an auxiliary flow, and whether this is correct?
2)  Why TIMES imports additional CO2TOT when that increases the overall cost of the model?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Paul

Attached Files
.zip   VT_UK_RSR_V01.zip (Size: 17.32 KB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by pauldodds - 11-01-2014, 06:21 PM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by Antti-L - 13-01-2014, 07:39 AM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by pauldodds - 14-01-2014, 06:09 AM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by Antti-L - 14-01-2014, 06:31 AM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by pauldodds - 14-01-2014, 07:21 AM