Process with missing or mismatched CG/PRC_ACTUNIT
Hello,

I get the following "FATAL ERROR" for my trade processes. 

*** Process with missing or mismatched CG/PRC_ACTUNIT

*10 FATAL ERROR  -  No way to identify PCG:  R=HEM          P=TB_ELCELC_KLN_HEM_01

Could you please help me to resolve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
AkramS
There is something wrong about the process Primary Commodity Group.  Are you using VEDA?
If you are, can you post a screenshot from the Item Details view for this process (Details and RES View on VEDA2) or Process Master → Process Information on VEDA-FE.
(16-10-2023, 07:23 PM)Antti-L Wrote: There is something wrong about the process Primary Commodity Group.  Are you using VEDA?
If you are, can you post a screenshot from the Item Details view for this process (Details and RES View on VEDA2) or Process Master → Process Information on VEDA-FE.

Thanks! I attach a file.

Attached Files
.pdf   Trade.pdf (Size: 91.23 KB / Downloads: 1)
Ok, the picture shows that the PCG is defined as NRG, and the trade process is between regions HEM and KLM, trading the commodity ELCELC.

If I understand correctly, the error message is given only for region HEM.  This would suggest that the commodity ELCELC is perhaps not defined as an NRG commodity in the region HEM.  That should be the most plausible explanation to the error, so please check. Another more remote possibility is that for some reason there would be two inconsistent definitions for the PCG. If necessary, investigating the DD files would reveal the cause reliably.
(16-10-2023, 08:08 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Ok, the picture shows that the PCG is defined as NRG, and the trade process is between regions HEM and KLM, trading the commodity ELCELC.

If I understand correctly, the error message is given only for region HEM.  This would suggest that the commodity ELCELC is perhaps not defined as an NRG commodity in the region HEM.  That should be the most plausible explanation to the error, so please check. Another more remote possibility is that for some reason there would be two inconsistent definitions for the PCG.  If necessary, investigating the DD files would reveal the cause reliably.

Actually, I see several errors (also for the other regions). Enclosed please find two other files that may make things more clear.

Attached Files
.pdf   ELCELC.pdf (Size: 64.73 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   LOG.pdf (Size: 54.71 KB / Downloads: 3)
Ok, I see, thanks. 
With this much information, it does look strange to me, and I am not able to tell what is going on.  I would quickly find out what the problem is, if I had the model input files (*.DD, *.RUN), but now it looks like I don't have much ideas without them...
(17-10-2023, 04:59 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Ok, I see, thanks. 
With this much information, it does look strange to me, and I am not able to tell what is going on.  I would quickly find out what the problem is, if I had the model input files (*.DD, *.RUN), but now it looks like I don't have much ideas without them...

Thanks! Should I upload them here or send them by email? I see several *.DD files, do you need all of them?
If you can pack the *.DD and the *.RUN file into a ZIP file, you could then either send the ZIP via e.g. DropBox, Google Drive or equivalent (you could give the download link in a private Forum message if the data are confidential), or send the ZIP by email, or upload it here, whichever method suits you best. All the *.DD and the *.RUN file, for the case that produces the errors.

I could look at it tomorrow, and then explain what is the cause for that error.
Thank you, I was able to get the files.

The problem appears to be something related to VEDA2, and not to TIMES.
Some observations and explanations (for the process TB_ELCELC_KLN_HEM_01):

  ● The commodity ELCELC is indeed defined as an NRG commodity both in KLN and HEM (correct);
  ● The process TB_ELCELC_KLN_HEM_01 is defined in TOP_IRE as a trade process from KLN to HEM, in ELCELC (correct);
  ● The process TB_ELCELC_KLN_HEM_01 is defined in TOP_IRE as a trade process from HEM to KLN, in ELCELC (correct);
  ● The process TB_ELCELC_KLN_HEM_01 is defined as an IRE process in both KLN and HEM (correct);
  ● However, TB_ELCELC_KLN_HEM_01 does not have any PCG (i.e. PRC_ACTUNT) defined in region HEM (it is only defined in the region KLN, so FATAL ERROR).

It remains a mystery to me, why the PCG is missing for TB_ELCELC_KLN_HEM_01 in region HEM !  This is an issue either in VEDA2 itself or your VEDA templates. The errors for the other six other processes are similar: the PCG is missing in the regions where the error message appears.

I hope the VEDA developers can help you to correct that problem in the model, but could you perhaps show how you define the trade link(s) for this/these process(es)?
Looking at your set of *.DD files again, I found one interesting anomaly in one of the older DD files that were included in the ZIP file.
Based on that, I have the feeling that your problem may be caused by your recent model changes having produced some database interdependence problem.

Therefore, you might want to try "Start from scratch" in the Navigator (full re-sync), and see if the problem disappears after doing so.
(19-10-2023, 09:19 PM)Antti-L Wrote: Looking at your set of *.DD files again, I found one interesting anomaly in one of the older DD files that were included in the ZIP file.
Based on that, I have the feeling that your problem may be caused by your recent model changes having produced some database interdependence problem.

Therefore, you might want to try "Start from scratch" in the Navigator (full re-sync), and see if the problem disappears after doing so.

Thanks! After updating VEDA 2.0 to the latest version and synchronizing the model, the error disappeared.
Good to hear that it disappeared!
Of course, it would be nice if ending up having an unexpected problem like this could be avoided, and I am sure the VEDA developers will still try to find out what might have caused the problem of the missing PRC_ACTUNT.