Modelling of a Storage Process
Ok, now you say there is a problem "of charging and discharging of the storage process at some time slices in a year".  I assume you mean charging and discharging in the same timeslice?  Well, at least I am able to use all my mobile battery devices also simultaneously while charging. I can receive and make calls, and run applications, while the device shows that charging takes place at the same time. So, I am not quite sure why you consider that posing a problem? I would consider it a much bigger problem if I would not be able to use the device while charging…  Shy

Anyway, I can see that you have now modelled the storage device completely differently than your original device and description, without explaining the changes:
  • You have completely changed the topology, which earlier had ELEG as an input and output but now completely unrelated commodities, and different for input and output.  And you give no explanation to these changes. Thus, I have no idea what these two new commodities represent, and whether there are perhaps many processes operating between them.

• You have added NCAP_AFC(r,y,p,com,tsl)=1 for all timeslice levels and both input and output commodities, but you give no explanation to all these parameters. I find these particularly strange, because NCAP_AFC(r,y,p,com,DAYNITE)=1 of course mathematically implies NCAP_AFC(r,y,p,com,tsl)=1 on all coarser timeslice levels, and so the parameters do not make any sense to me.

• You are still defining NCAP_AF(ANNUAL,LO)=0.4, even though you have defined neither any upper bound availability for the storage level nor any storage losses. The purpose of the NCAP_AF(ANNUAL,LO)=0.4 is therefore now unexplained to me (earlier, I understood it has a purpose, because you bounded the storage level by the capacity).

• You have also defined ACT_EFF for the process, although I think the process is meant to be a storage process, and in the documentation you can see that ACT_EFF cannot be used for storage.

Therefore, in view of your original modelling problem, where the process ST_BES_NP has ELEG as an input and output, maybe you could consider just trying the parameters shown in the picture below (note the ELEG in TOP_IN, TOP_OUT and PRC_ACTUNT):

Then, if you also want to bound the storage level by the capacity, you could also add NCAP_AFC(ACT) if you like (as explained in the documentation, or NCAP_AF(UP) if you follow the pondage example), and then an NCAP_AF(LO) would also make sense.  And if you want a different output availability (vs. input), you can define such by using NCAP_AFC(ELEG), if you like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Modelling of a Storage Process - by vsaini - 02-01-2020, 05:24 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by Antti-L - 02-01-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by vsaini - 03-01-2020, 04:06 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by Antti-L - 03-01-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by vsaini - 06-01-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by Antti-L - 07-01-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by vsaini - 07-01-2020, 06:11 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by Antti-L - 07-01-2020, 06:55 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by vsaini - 08-01-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: Modelling of a Storage Process - by Antti-L - 08-01-2020, 03:58 PM