FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem

Dear Paul,

Inter-regional exchange processes can have two types of flows: trade flows from/to other regions, and auxiliary flows that are tied to the trade flows. One can also define both types of flows for the same commodity, and this is what you are doing for CO2TOT.

Your process IMPCOA has been defined to have the following TOP_IRE topology for trading:

SET TOP_IRE / 
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPCOA  IMPEXP.COA.UK.COA.IMPCOA 
/;

So, you are making emissions trading business with this process.  In addition, you have also an auxiliary output of CO2TOT, which is tied to the imports of COA. But as your CO2TOT trade flow has no costs, and no bounds, you are freely importing any amounts of CO2 into the UK from the rest of the world (IMPEXP). I think this could be a brilliant solution to reduce CO2 emissions elsewhere in the world: Just export all your CO2 to the UK!

But if this is not intentional, I am not sure what is causing such a modeling error. Have you really defined CO2TOT to be an import flow for the process? Or do you have some kind of a typo in the template, or is it a problem in VEDA-FE? Maybe you can post the process definition here?

[EDIT:] As a matter of fact, you are importing CO2TOT with a number of processes:

IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPCOA
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPCOACOK
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPCOK
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPNGA-EU
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPNGA-LNG
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPNGA-N
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILCRD
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILDST
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILHFO
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILJET
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILKER
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILLFO
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILLPG
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILMSC
IMPEXP.CO2TOT.UK.CO2TOT.IMPOILPET

Therefore, I guess the issue must be unintentional.  It remains unclear to me why you have these import flows defined.

Messages In This Thread
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by pauldodds - 11-01-2014, 06:21 PM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by Antti-L - 13-01-2014, 07:39 AM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by pauldodds - 14-01-2014, 06:09 AM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by Antti-L - 14-01-2014, 06:31 AM
FLO_EMIS with IRE process problem - by pauldodds - 14-01-2014, 07:21 AM